Is That A Chicken In The Pot?

Author: M // Category: , , , , , ,
Hi there. It's almost dinner time again!

I know you could conveniently stop off at some restaurant and pick up dinner to go! For a single person, that will probably set you back $10-40! For a family of 4 you are probably talking $40-100!

There is, of course, the KFC challenge that dares families to prepare their meal for four people for $10 or less! You are on KFC! Let me show you how you can cook a great dinner for 4 people for $10-15.

How are economical dinners relevant? Why quibble over dollars and cents?

Cooking is a skill everyone needs to have! It is just as important to independent living as knowing how to drive, balance a budget, launder your clothes, clean your home, room or office, navigate the internet, and perform basic maintenance on your car or home.

Cooking is also fun! It is a great outlet! Try kneading bread and staying mad for long! Preparing a meal for yourself or your family is a great way to create something rewarding, enjoy a satisfying meal, shrug off the day's stressors and kick back for the night!

If I sound like a "Mom" it is because I am! I could write a book about living on a "shoestring" budget! Sure I have loved to cook since I was a teenager, but a chef I am not!

I have just been a full-time college student and working stiff with a family! I know how hard it seems to come home at the end of a long day's work only to work on into the evening preparing a meal, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, helping with homework, supervising bath time, reading bedtime stories and then doing my own homework! Whew!

I write this blog as a means of celebrating and empowering all people who work hard, love a good home-cooked meal, but don't know how to go about it.

To everyone who does not believe that they can cook, I say YES YOU CAN!

More later. I have to cook dinner now! Keep in touch!

0 Responses to "Is That A Chicken In The Pot?"

Post a Comment